When it comes to dioramas and basecrafting, the magic lies in the details. A great scenic base transports you into the very heart of the scene. And since swamps are places that are naturally chaotic, muddy, and vegetated, they’re the perfect environment on which to level up your basing skills…even if you’ve never tried your hand at dramatic basing before.
The Green Stuff World Swamp Basing Set contains a mind-boggling number of modeling materials to help create bogs, mudflats, floodplains, marshlands, backwaters, mires, tidal flats, fens, quagmires, sloughs, pits, moors, deltas, and any other synonym for “swamp” you could think of.
(While we are not sponsored by Green Stuff World, we did receive this set for free and we work with their affiliate program. That being stated, all of our reviews and unboxings are our own honest opinions and experiences of products.)
We really love this kit and think most mini painters will too. Here’s what’s included.
Green Stuff World Swamp Basing Set
The kit comes in a sturdy full-color box. Pics of the products in the kit are included on the back (and listed on the side, which is convenient if you plan to store the kit on a shelf and need to find a specific product later). On the other side there are photos of eleven swamp bases, which are detailed in the enclosed tutorial guide.
The Swamp Basing Set comes with full-color instructions (in English and Spanish) on how to use each product in the kit. It also contains complete tutorials on creating two different swamp bases.
What’s in the Green Stuff World Swamp Basing Set?
The box is packed with:
- Ultraviolet Resin (17ml) – Water Effect: Capture the illusion of water with this easy-to-use premixed resin, allowing you to recreate the puddles and stagnant waters that define wetland environments.
- Ultraviolet Torch: This handy tool cures the UV resin. It requires 3 AAA batteries, which are not included.
- Mud Textures – Swamp Mud (30ml) and Dark Brown Mud (30ml): These acrylic pastes let you craft realistic, tactile effects that ground your scenes in realism.
- Pigments – Wild Moss, Middle Earth, and Light Brown Earth (30ml): These finely ground pigments let you layer textures, from lichen clinging to tree trunks to the rich earth tones that form the palette of a swamp ecosystem.
- Islandmoss – Dark Green and Medium Green (30g): Would it be a bog if there were no mossy vines? Blending two shades of green helps create realistic shaggy undergrowth.
- Small Tree Bark (20g): Nature’s decay is what makes a swamp mysterious. These materials introduce organic touches, creating layers of dimensionality and complexity.
- Paper Plants – Bracken Ferns: These paper plants lend a touch of verdant wildness, replicating delicate ferns that thrive in these biomes.
- Grass Tufts XXL (22mm) – Dark Green and Grass Tufts (12mm) – Dry Green: If you ask us, nearly every base deserves a tuft. Texture, size, and color collide in these versions, bringing the ground cover of the marshland to life with varying heights and shades.
- Resin Bits – Swamp critters and plants (20pcs): It’s the tiny living details that truly animate a base or diorama. These meticulously crafted resin bits feature frogs, dragonflies, lily pads, and plant life that introduce life to your scene.
Green Stuff World Swamp Basing Set price
At this time of this article’s publication, this basing set costs $39.36, discounted from a normal price of $48. To purchase everything in the Swamp Basing Set separately, it would cost around $58 before shipping. You can pick up the Green Stuff World Swamp Basing Set for yourself at Green Stuff Worlds Online Shop.